Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Zombies VS. Cancer - Buy my book and help someone with cancer

This morning I woke up at 4:00 am - heart broken, spirit shaken, and my mind exploding!
Every fiber of my being was asking me, what can I do for the people I know who recently discovered they have cancer?

A few months ago, a young man in my neighborhood, Gabe Deming found out he has TCell Lymphoma (Non-Hodgkin). I know him fairly well because I was his Sunday school teach and his young men's president in our church. I probably don't know Gabe as well as I should, but from what I do know of him, he's a soft spoke big hearted kid with an amazing family. A Gofundme account has been set up to help his family with the financial strain cancer always seems to put on people. Click on this link to donate - Give to Gabe Deming

Then, I recently found out one of my best friends from college, dare I say a brother of mine, Cris Garthe discovered he has cancer. Cris is loved by everyone that knows him. He has a great attitude, a huge heart and he loves to make people laugh. Unfortunately, his diagnosis is serious. He has stage 4 lung cancer that has spread to his liver, brain and bone marrow. I cried multiple times that day at one point, uncontrollably. My heart is absolutely broken as I think about the months and maybe years of unimaginable pain he will suffer as he goes through treatment after treatment to remove the cancer. My heart also breaks for his beautiful family. His wife Kenna, who I also know from college, and their three precious children. I just prayed and continue to do so that Cris will beat this thing so he can raise his family. A fundraiser has also ben set up to help Cris and his family. Click on this link to donate - Give to Cris Garthe

I want to do something HUGE to help my cancer stricken friends and so I've decided to give 50% of the profits from the sale of my newly released novel, THE ENRAGED, to either Gabe Deming or Cris Garthe. My book is available on amazon - click one of these two links and buy either the standard Hard Cover or Paperback version of my novel. If you don't like to read, buy the book as a Christmas gift or birthday present. If you don't have the money, please share this email with everyone you know and together we can make a HUGE difference in these wonderful people's lives.
To insure your donation goes to the right person, send a quick email to tywildeauthor@gmail.com with your name and either Gabe's or Chris' name in the notes.

On top of the book sales, my wife and I have also donated to both families though their fundraisers and we encourage you to do the same, even if it's only a few dollars. And, if you don't know Gabe or Cris, donate to someone you know.

#zombiesvscancer

No comments:

Post a Comment