Friday, September 8, 2017

When, Why, & How I write my Zombie Novel, THE ENRAGED

Future NY Times Best selling Author Ty Wilde
The Walking Dead - Zombie Novel written by Ty Wilde
I often get asked questions like when do I find the time to write, why do I write and how I do it? This post will answer those questions.
The truth is, sometimes I feel like a zombie. It's been more than six years in the making of this novel. When the idea came to me to write this story, I made the decision that I would wake up every day at 5:00 am and work on my zombie novel, The Enraged. Why? Because I am a husband and a father of four precious daughters, first. I didn't want my children to wonder why I couldn't go out an play with them because I was typing away at my computer. So, once they wake up, the writing stops and I turn my focus to them. I knew this would slow down my project, but the release date isn't bigger than my responsibility as a daddy. When the kids are off at school or for some other reason the house falls quiet again, I'll jump back in to my office and re-enter the world of The Walking Dead. Funny, even though it doesn't compare to the beauty of my home life, it's still fun to slide back into my world of the apocalypse.
Why? Because I have to. If you've never had a magnificent story inside you, then you probably can't understand the unrelenting burning in your chest that won't stop until you get the story out. Then over time you grow to know and love the characters you've created, as if they were real... because they are. They are living, people with hopes and dreams that have just been dashed against the rocks. Even though I pretty much wrote the story beginning to end, the day it came to me so long ago, I sometime fear one of my beloved characters, friends will be slaughtered by a zombie. Just like in real life, it can happen at any time and to any one.
How? Persistence. I've worked hard to set the habit of waking up early each morning at 5:00 and hyper focusing on  my novel. I've read more than a dozen books and  relentlessly researched, The Walking Dead, Zombies, Survival, and human reaction to dire situations.
I'd say that I'm more that qualified to call myself a Zombiologist.


No comments:

Post a Comment